Archery GB Instructor Award
October 8 - October 9£190
We have gone paperless for registering attendees.
Please can each person create their own account on the Archery GB sports 80 website and register for the course
Just create an account and register for the course – Do not make payment on the AGB site.
- You don’t need any previous archery experience.
- You need to be 17 years old or above.
- Duration 2 days
- Saturday 8th October, 09:00-18:00
- Sunday 9th October, 09:00-18:00* (inc a short practical assessment)
- Venue: Cranham Scout Centre, Cranham, Gloucestershire, GL4 8HP.
- National governing body “Archery GB” award.
- Attendees will need to bring their own lunch.
- All archery equipment will be provided.
- What does the Archery GB Award for instructors cover?
- Establishing and maintaining safety on a range
- Plan and prepare a session
- Identifying appropriate equipment for beginners to use
- Explaining / demonstrating the simple steps to shooting barebow
- Adapting sessions based the individual needs of participants
- Cost £190 per person. (depending on numbers)
- Outcomes of the course and renewal?
- Upon successful completion of the course, candidates will be awarded a certificate of achievement and become an Archery GB qualified Instructor.
- To keep the qualification valid, every three years candidates will need to complete a short renewal process. This demonstrates that you understand the minimum safety requirements for instructing archery.
- The class size is limited to 12 to ensure all attendees have the necessary attention and time to practice. Places are booked on a first come first reserved basis